Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Keeping up with the Darlings

To catch everyone up since I haven't been on in a while...

In between reading about our boring lives I have at least put in some cute pictures! :-)


Aidan - "Seriously? Are you kidding me with this crap right now?"
A Halloween unhappy pic.
We tried to put him in it again, but it is already too small!
Shawn:
Currently hitting a wall with the master's program. I was mislead when I went into my adviser's office last spring and was told that I could transfer in my last two education courses- WRONG! I have now been told otherwise so I am scrambling trying to get directed studies organized through Cameron so I can at least graduate in June.
Just started club volleyball practice and am excited but also a little uneasy about the time that I have committed. I am already being pulled in ten different directions and complain that I don't see Zach and Aidan enough- so why did I sign up for this??? But it is going to be a lot of fun, and if it is too time consuming this season, then I won't do it next year. BUT at least I can say I tried it. Hopefully it won't be as bad as I think, and I will be able to do it in the future too.
Loving life and everything in it right now. I have been so stressed in the past weeks trying to finish my classes for the semester, trying to get ready for exams in the middle of December for Heritage classes, and trying to balance it all- but our family is having so much fun right now. We are constantly doing something- visiting family, playing games, going out to dinner/parks/museums. It has been a great October and November and I am loving every minute of it.
Can't wait for Christmas to get here- and yes it has already exploded in my house- and yes I will put pictures up soon. (especially since I don't think I have put up any at all of the apartment)



A little happier in the bat outfit.
Zach:
Basketball has been going well for him. Right now he is 1-0 with his JV team. They beat Tucker a few weekends ago in an awesome overtime win! It was a very exciting game! Afterwards, he told me his legs were sore from standing and tensing them up the whole game. haha. The Dunwoody Varsity team is off to a slower start- they are 1-3 right now, but they are really young and have played some pretty good teams. They are going to be an amazing team next year and the year after that.
He just started a new section of his masters and is taking three classes right now-which is a lot for the program he is in. He got 2 A's in the past two classes and couldn't be happier! He said those might have been his first A's in real classes since high school. He is working so hard on it right now!
He finally gave in and let me have a REAL Christmas tree this year and even helped me put ornaments on it (well, he put hooks on the ornaments so that I could put them up- but close enough....)
Aidan sleeping on his tummy.
He never sleeps like this so it was picture-worthy!
Aidan:
Eating everything in site right now- even the high chair and water bottles!!! He is eating two small jars of baby food, a little rice cereal, and a little bottle at each meal. In between bites he likes to lean forward and suck on the high chair tray.... really??
We have entered the phase of not being able to eat with our plates right in front of us. He will sit in our lap and reach for everything on the table and anything that goes to our mouths (including our water glasses/bottles- he will suck on the side of them)
He is having some problems sleeping lately- I believe we are entering the teething era so Baby Orajel here we come!
He is rolling all over the place to get where he wants to go, sitting up (sometimes with a little help) and is pushing up onto his knees. I am afraid we are soon to see some crawling- but hopefully not until Christmas break so I can for sure be there for it.
He was 18 lbs 4 oz at 5 months so we are also about ready to get into a new car-seat. I am sooo not ready for that one- I still need to buy a cover for the next car seat that we already have.
SOOO- there you go! That seems to be it in a nutshell- for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment