Tuesday, April 13, 2010

April Showers Bring May Babies! Not June Babies,...take the hint Baby D

Sunday April 11th was Shower Day!

The first shower was thrown by Bri for the team. Favorite moment: Watching them all taste baby food...haha! They got into it though and we had a winner get 6/8 correct. Nasty. I'm not a fan so Baby D will be eating his own food and won't have to worry about mommy stealing any from him. And we did the "guess how hiege I am" with toilet paper (Zach's word pronounced hidge- ee. The word has multiple meanings, but the most popular is "fat" or "eats a lot"- it's a fun word and I pretty much use it daily mostly for making fun of others) - which could have turned out to be a disaster, but good thing we have some smart girls on the team because no one was more than two toilet paper squares off.
My lovely team. These are all of our returners for next year.

After the team shower, I had a "big girl" shower- I prefer to not call it the older people shower- cause that would mean that I'm old, no thank you. Bri, Katrina, and Gina all helped throw this one. I learned lots of new things... like there has been a baby born who was 23 lbs (geez....).... and that I don't know any nursery rhymes. I didn't know there was actually more to rub-a-dub-dub three men in a tub. Yeah, it keeps going, I had no idea. Apparently my mom did not teach us proper nursery rhymes.

The awesome diaper cake that I did NOT want to take apart when I got home. it was too pretty!


Love them!
Dana is due April 27th-I'm pretty sure that I am going to be super jealous when she gets to be done with pregnancy and I am just starting the miserable phase.

I had so much fun at all the showers- thank you to everyone who came! Now I have no excuse to not finish the nursery- so I guess pictures will be up soon if I get motivated!

P.S.- hopefully Baby D gets the hint about the title- Please no post due-date arrivals. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment