Sunday, September 6, 2009

Abilene Christian University Weekend

This week was relatively busy, while still uneventful. Mondays and Tuesdays I work from six in the morning until nine at night, and then on Wednesdays I have a late class- on top of my full time job from eight till five (which I don't really get paid for!). I would much rather be at home hanging out with my awesome husband, but I know I will later appreciate the hard word at my masters and the hard work for some extra cash!

The team left on Thursday at 2:00 to travel to Abilene Christian for a tournament. We played and won two matches on Friday and then split the two matches on Saturday. We were about five points away from being eight and 0- but I think seven and one is not so bad either. The girls played kind of spotty (good then terrible then great then decent then back to great). They were all over the place but the still did very well. To read the story you can go here. One of the coolest things that I saw while we were at ACU was their chapel service on Friday afternoon. The entire student body was packed into the gym (which is a pretty awesome gym by the way!) and worshipped together for about an hour. It was while our girls were in the training room and getting ready that it took place. It was so awesome to hear all of the voices together worshipping Christ, singing songs of praise and listening to a message. It was so powerful to hear.

The best part of the weekend was that Zach came down on Saturday. He road with Bri's (the head coach) boyfriend, Steve, down from Lawton to Abilene, which is about a three and a half hour drive. Bri's family lives in Abilene, so she and Steve were going to stay for the remainder of Labor Day weekend- which meant that I had to drive the bus back- ahhh! It really helped having Zach there to help me maneuver the big thing since he's a CDL driver. It was definitely not as bad as I thought it would be, but I hate driving at night even in my little Civic! I just feel exhausted from concentrating so hard when I drive at night.

All in all, the weekend was great. Zach and I went to church this morning (no Sunday school since we didn't get home until about 1:00 AM) and listened to a message on the covenant of marriage. Now I am at work putting off my list of things to do for school. Oh and I hope all of you enjoy your labor day! Unfortunately I will be laboring on labor day- which I think should be illegal!!

Next weekend we play in Omaha, NE so that should be an exciting trip! And maybe next time I will take some pictures so you will have something to look at on the blog instead of just reading!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like things are going well! So happy for you! Look forward to reading more! Miss you! -Mika

    ReplyDelete