Friday, March 12, 2010

John Mayer

The famous John Mayer concert that Zach has been talking about for months and months ever since he got this amazing Christmas gift from his parents... Without further adieu let me present the photography montage....

Zach rushed me out of the house without make-up on. Hence the reason I look the way I look. Awesome....

Actually I made Zach take a million pictures of us before it started because I looked fat in almost all of them. No make-up + pregnancy fat face never good. So these are the two that made the cut. Let's just say that these won't be our profile pics or anything!


My concert shoes- where else am I going to wear sparkly zebra print flats? Love them though!

The stage before it started.
I was really worried that the usher lady's reflective jacket was going to ruin all my concert pics...

The opening band- Michael Franti and Spearhead.
They were really awesome- like reggae rap from a white-guy with a little black-eyed peas mixed in. It wasn't until the end that we realized what song he was famous for - "Say Hey"
You would recognize it once you heard it. Promise.

Michael Franti, drunk people to the bottom and left of your screen, and the stupid reflecting jacket- ugh!

Michael Franti

John Mayer comes on!

I am not super-in-love with John Mayer like Zach is. But, he is pretty awesome live. He has only lost his awesomeness in the 14 hour car ride to Georgia on repeat. Kill me.

I am not a fan of standing for long periods of time whether 28 weeks pregnant or not.

Even at NC State when all the students would stand at the football games I would be like "can't we just sit already? My feet hurt. This is dumb." True football fan I am not.

So I was really hoping I would be able to sit for most of it...

My view for half of the concert. I would stand for a song, sit for one, stand for two, sit for one.
That is Zach standing next to me on the left- he is a true fan. Can't you people just sit down? What is really the difference in standing?

The truly sad part: I had to go get a large coke to keep me from falling asleep. I worked at 6am that morning and Zach and I are usually in bed by 10. We are wild and crazy! Can't even stay awake until 11:30 for a concert. Haha.

The first time I saw John Mayer I was going into 9th grade of High School and he was playing in Atlanta at "On the Bricks" in Centennial Olympic Park.

He actually played a ton of his old stuff- which was good for me cause that's pretty much all I know :-)


We were a little further away than some of the other pics deceptively make you believe. This is true camera angle.


Fun night!


I took a really awesome video from the concert. I tried to upload it to you-tube on my account, but got halfway through and realized I was violating their terms of use- you aren't supposed to put up videos of concerts without permission. So nevermind- I was just excited that he played Why, Georgia- he knew we were in the audience I guess :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment